We would like to thank our parents, learners, staff and the community of Midrand who came out in their numbers despite the overcast, moderately cold weather yesterday to support the unique amazing race which was held in celebration of the Sagewood School's 30th Birthday.
Our greatest accomplishments in the the past 30 years are too many to mention. However we would like to make mention of the following highlights:
- Consistently achieved excellent matric results
- We have produced extra ordinary alumni, individuals who have reached their dreams and aspired to greatness, excellence and still make us proud: The founders of Loxion Culture – the fashion designer brand Wandile Nzimande and Sechaba Mogale; A nuclear physicist employed at NASA Rhina Bhagat, Microbiologists; Doctors; Chartered Accountants; School Principals, Life Couches, Miss South Africa (Nokuthula Sithole 2005), Fashion Designers, Film Producers, Writers, Pastors and Entrepreneurs who provide employment in the country.
- We have grown a school from a mere 16 pupils at its inception to a total of 900. We started from humble beginnings to being housed on a campus with state of the art facilities.
Our aspirations for the next 30 years:
- To continue the legacy of providing excellent education this is relevant, prevalent and in support of societal needs.
- To touch the lives of children in a way that allows for them to fulfill their dreams and aspirations.
- To provide the platform for the development of lifelong learners who make valuable contributions to the societies they function in.
We all experienced entertaining fun, laughter, camaraderie, family unity, excitement, which left everybody in high spirits, generating good will.